Phase 1- Establishing a Foundation
As a Novice meditator, establishing a good foundation for practice and focusing on the bare minimum to get you started is most important. It's easy to get overwhelmed with information and techniques, which can make it more difficult to get meditating and lead to bad habits down the line.
All you need right now is a good technique, some basic information and clarity, and to get started. Everything else will develop in time as you gain momentum in your practice.
Phase 1 Practice Goals:
- Find a core meditation style that's a good match to you
- Learn the ideal mindset and effort for meditation
- Experiment with some logistics: posture, time of day, caffeine, etc.
- Overcome some common pitfalls related to your core practice and meditation as a whole
- Learn how to track your meditation and progress further